Phase One Photography Workshops
24aprAll Day26Event CancelledWorkshop – Space, Light and the City: Architectural Photography in NYC – April 2020New York | April 24 – 26(All Day) ET Digital Transitions | New York Showroom, 35 W 35th Street
NOTICE: In response to COVID-19, we have cancelled all upcoming, in-person events. Registrants can contact our Events Manager, Kate Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any questions or concerns. We encourage
NOTICE: In response to COVID-19, we have cancelled all upcoming, in-person events.
Registrants can contact our Events Manager, Kate Stone (email@example.com), with any questions or concerns. We encourage all clients and photography enthusiasts to join us in Project Lemonade by registering for our online webinars and classes during this time of social distancing.
Should the event be rescheduled this webpage will be updated.
Wishing you good health,
The DT Family
Digital Transitions with Adam Elstein Presents: Space, Light and the City: Architectural Photography in NYC
Experiential Workshop- Friday April 24 – Sunday April 26
Adam Elstein has partnered with Digital Transitions to bring you a workshop focused on the art and craft of architecture photography in the city-scape of New York. You’ll get a unique hands-on opportunity to experience shooting with the world’s most advanced photographic equipment from Phase One , Cambo & Wine Country Filters with print output provided by Blazing Editions.
Architectural photography is a demanding discipline that poses a number of technical and aesthetic challenges. It requires a deep understanding of perspective, composition, environmental dynamics, and interaction of light and space.
This workshop is a perfect combination of both classroom presentations held at the Digital Transitions NY Showroom and shooting at some of the most iconic locations around the New York City area.
We will cover a step-by-step workflow for architectural photography, including how to:
- Choose the right equipment for the job
- Conduct a virtual location scout
- Understand environmental dynamics and the interplay of time, weather, form, and light
- Use camera position and lens movements to optimize composition and perspective
- Exploit the unique advantages of technical camera systems
- Employ advanced capture strategies such exposure averaging and focus stacking
- Use neutral density filters
- Develop alternative looks and process your images for maximum impact
This workshop is invaluable for aspiring architectural and interior photographers, designers and architects seeking to improve the images they take of their own work, those in the real estate business, and anyone who loves architecture and the built environment.
- Three mornings of Classroom Instruction/Presentation (light breakfast included)
- Two afternoon/evenings of shooting around NYC, Long Island City, and Brooklyn (exact locations to be provided prior workshop)
- Transportation between shoot locations
- Access to experience the latest Phase One Systems including the Phase One XT & IQ4, Cambo Technical Cameras, Wine Country Filter Holders and Filters*
- Technical assistance from the Digital Transitions Support Team Experts
- Included in the price of this workshop is an opportunity to have one of your select images printed by Blazing Editions on Aluminum
What you should bring:
- Sturdy Tripod
We encourage you to bring your own camera system to use, but you will have the opportunity to experience shooting with the Phase One equipment we have available. If you would like to reserve your own system for the workshop we have special rental packages available please contact us.
About Adam Elstein
Adam Elstein is an architectural photographer and educator. He has been a professor at Pratt Institute since 2007, and leads workshops through the Santa Fe Photographic Workshops and other institutions. His work, which has won numerous awards and has been exhibited internationally. You can learn more about Adam and view his work here.
- Is an Itinerary available?
A general itinerary is available upon request. Please contact us for details on the activities planned for each day.
- Where is the workshop held?
You can plan to meet us on day one in our New York Showroom, but exact shooting locations will be determined by group interest, weather, and a few other factors. You can contact us for details and a list of potential locations.
In partnership with:
april 24 (Friday) - 26 (Sunday) ET
Digital Transitions | New York Showroom
35 W 35th Street
Claim your spot
Fine Art Architectural Photography with Sharon Tenenbaum An overview of the fundamentals for Architectural Fine Art Photography in various forms, including style and technique. IN THIS
Fine Art Architectural Photography with Sharon Tenenbaum
An overview of the fundamentals for Architectural Fine Art Photography in various forms, including style and technique.
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN:
To expand your creative horizons
New artistic techniques
Develop you ability to pre-visualize so you can create images with intention
See actual case studies of BEFORE AND AFTER images
Sharon will be a 2.5hr presentation in which she will be giving you insights (theoretical and technical) into what it takes to create stunning and award winning fine art architectural Photography.
June 6, 2020, 10:30am – 1:00pm
Location: Digital Transitions: 35 W 35th St 2nd Floor, New York (near the Empire State)
Tickets are $69 and must be purchased through Sharon Tenenbaum’s website linked above. Attendees of the June seminar will receive a credit toward Sharon’s New York Workshop in 2020.
(Saturday) 10:30 am - 1:00 pm ET
35 West 35th St, 2nd floor