Not everyone is ready to jump directly into our widely acclaimed Capture One Masters training class! Maybe you're new to Capture One, or have been using it for years but
Not everyone is ready to jump directly into our widely acclaimed Capture One Masters training class! Maybe you’re new to Capture One, or have been using it for years but are self taught and could use a formal introductory class on how Capture One was meant, by its programmers, to be used. In such cases we recommend Capture One Basics.
Capture One Basics is a two and a half hour class that mixes lecture, demonstration, and hands-on examples for Capture One Session workflow (so don’t forget to bring a laptop). It is designed to be a solid stand-alone class for those wanting a beginner level introduction to Capture One, or as a primer for the more advanced Capture One Masters classes.
Capture One: What and Wherefore
- What is Capture One. What functions does it serve well and poorly?
- Why or Why Not Capture One. Demonstrations of pros and cons compared to LightRoom, Bridge, and Photoshop
Basic File Management
- Sessions vs Catalogs: What they are and when each is appropriate
- Session Workflow: Including hands on examples.
- Basic Navigation: Finding, sorting, filtering, and organizing your images
Basic Adjustments and Output
- Getting the look you want from an image
- Exporting or processing to TIFF/JPG
- Photoshop Round tripping
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Workspace tweaks for different workflows
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Should I take Capture One Masters or Capture One Basics?
Take our COMPetency Quiz! Upon submission, you will receive an answer key. There is no set number; the more you get right, the more ready you are for Masters! Please Note: Please be honest with your readiness for the class. If you’re not sure if you’re ready for Masters, then we’d recommend taking Capture One Basics.
2. Does Capture One Basics come with a license for Capture One Pro?
No, the fee does not include Capture One. You can purchase it here and receive 10% off with the DT coupon code.
3. What Should I Bring?
During the class we will be doing hands-on exercises so you should bring a laptop with the latest version of Capture One Pro already installed and activated.
Due to the limited seating, Digital Transitions DOES NOT offer refunds for this program.
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET
Digital Transitions | New York Showroom
35 W 35th Street
Claim your spot
Capture One Basics Class.