Not everyone is ready to jump directly into our widely acclaimed Capture One Masters Program (COMP)! Maybe you’re new to Capture One, or have been using it for years but are self taught and could use a formal introductory class on how Capture One was meant, by its programmers, to be used. In such cases we recommend Capture One Basics.
Capture One Basics is a two-hour class that mixes lecture, demonstration, and hands on examples (so don’t forget to bring a laptop). It is designed to be a solid stand-alone class for those wanting a beginner level introduction to Capture One, or as a primer for the more advanced COMP classes.
Capture One: What and Wherefore
- What is Capture One. What functions does it serve well and poorly?
- Why or Why Not Capture One. Demonstrations of pros and cons compared to LightRoom, Bridge, and Photoshop
Basic File Management
- Sessions vs Catalogs: What they are and when each is appropriate
- Session Workflow: Including hands on examples.
- Basic Navigation: Finding, sorting, filtering, and organizing your images
Basic Adjustments and Output
- Getting the look you want from an image
- Exporting or processing to TIFF/JPG
- Photoshop Round tripping, including
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Workspace tweaks for different workflows
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Should I take COMP or Capture One Basics?
Take our COMPetency Quiz! Upon submission, you will receive an answer key. There is no set number; the more you get right, the more ready you are for COMP! Please Note: Please be honest with your readiness for the class. If you are not well versed in the basics when you attend COMP, it will slow down the rest of the class and is unfair to everyone else. If you’re not sure if you’re ready for COMP, then we’d recommend taking Capture One Basics.
2. Does Capture One Basics come with a license for Capture One Pro v11?
No, the fee does not include Capture One.
Due to the limited seating, Digital Transitions DOES NOT offer refunds for this program.